Articles 1084 out of 1356 | Showing 1 records/page
A nine-month-old baby girl has died after choking at a school nursery in Greater Manchester.
The baby girl choked on food at the nursery at Ramillies Hall Nursery, in Cheadle Hulme last Tuesday.
Emergency services rushed the girl to Stepping Hill Hospital but died a short time later.
The private school cares for and educates children aged from six months to 16 years.
Greater Manchester Police said inquiries were continuing.
Anne Poole, the principal at Ramillies Hall School, called it a "devastating tragedy" and said: "Our deepest sympathies are with the child’s family.
"As is right and proper, the police are now investigating this matter and we are cooperating fully with officers’ enquiries.
"The health, safety and welfare of all children at Ramilies Hall School are taken very seriously, and we have robust policies in place.
"Our most recent inspection was in 2010 which found us to be compliant in all such areas."
She added: "Due to the police investigation, we are unable to make any further comment."