Articles 1168 out of 1356 | Showing 1 records/page
Fun and innovative parties to dress your baby bump and fill your baby’s new wardrobe are happening around the UK. Being backed by celebrity new mum Jenni Falconer and celebrity stylist Alex Longmore, the parties are also raising money for baby charity, Tommy’s.
Known as “Swishing”, Jenni and Alex are encouraging mums to save the pennies and swish their way to style this summer. Mums and mums-to-be will wash then swap their maternity outfits and baby clothes, with all those attending making a donation to Tommy’s.
Jenni Falconer said: “Having recently become a first time mum myself, I know all too well how quickly a bump grows and how hard it can be to dress stylishly when pregnant, which is why I’m encouraging mums and mums to be to hold their very own Maternity Swishing parties.
“I’m a firm believer in swishing to not only save money, but ensure the gorgeous outfits that are bought for both mums and babies find a good home. The icing on the cake is that everyone who attends can make a donation to the baby charity, Tommy’s, to help raise money for an extremely worthy cause.”
How to Swish!
• When attending the party, bring along at least one item of quality clothing (suitable for mums-to-be or a new baby up to one year old)
• All items should be clean and washed
• Feel free to bring baby accessories e.g. blankets or booties, as well as clothes - as long as they are machine washable! At the event:
• The more items you bring, the more items you could receive in exchange!
• No item may be claimed before the Swishing Party starts
• As soon as the swish is declared open, everyone may try on or take what they want
• We ask that all those attending the Persil Non-Bio and Comfort Pure Maternity Swishing event make a donation to Tommy’s - the baby charity.
Lucy Cargill from Tommy’s says: “We are delighted that Persil Non-Bio and Comfort Pure are launching the Maternity Swishing campaign to encourage mums across the country to hold their own parties and donate to Tommy’s. It’s a fun but creative way to raise money to help save tiny lives, whilst finding a good home for all those redundant maternity outfits and baby clothes.”
To download a Maternity Swishing pack which includes tips from celebrity baby bump stylist, Alex, as well as everything you need to know to hold your own party, visit: https://www.facebook.com/ComfortZoneUK?v=app_394012257310882
Image: Celebrity mum and ‘Swisher’, Jenni Falconer and pregnant lady