Recipient: Asquith Cheshunt Pre-School & Day Nursery
Date: Tuesday 28 Nov 2017
Cheshunt Pre-School & Day Nursery has been rated as providing 'Outstanding' provision in all four inspection areas. In the report, the inspector noted that:
- Staff promote children's independence superbly. They plan the enabling environments meticulously to support learning. Even very young children learn how to competently find their own plate and sit at the table in preparation for mealtimes.
- Excellent attention is given to supporting children's communication and inclusion. Very young children are able to make their wants and needs clearly known. For example, they choose a card to let staff know what rhyme or song they would like them to sing
next. Staff learn songs in parents' home language, respecting and celebrating all cultures and backgrounds.
- Record keeping and monitoring of staff practice are scrupulous. The manager ensures that policies and procedures are consistently updated in line with current legislation.
- Children develop extremely strong attachments with staff. They look to them for support as they settle in to the nursery. Older children are very keen to invite staff to join in with activities. Staff deployment is effective and children are supervised exceptionally well at all times.
- The nursery manager promotes involvement in the local community. This helps to encourage children and their families to develop an excellent sense of community spirit.