Job Title: ROOM LEADER
Add to My Job Folder
Job Setting: Day Nursery / Nursery School
Job Role: Room Leader / Team Leader / Senior Nursery Nurse
08 Jan 2020
Competitive (based on experience) Term Time
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Enfield , London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an existing Room Leader or an
experienced Qualified Nursery practitioner looking for a next step in
career to Room Leader role to join our team at Start Right Montessori.
We are looking to recruit a full-time / part time (Term Time) member
of staff for our nursery based in Southgate. Start Right Montessori
started operating in 2000 and our aims are to evoke children’s
potential from within and to help children build the foundations for a
lifetime of creative and active learning.
Why come and work for us?
Start Right Montessori is a fun and enjoyable place to work. We
believe in taking care of our staff and at the staff are at the heart
of creating a great place to work. As a result we have a great team
where staff are appreciated, supported, engaged, productive and thriving.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- On the job Montessori training
- Great career prospects
Your key day-to-day tasks would include:
- Provide a positive practice role model to ensure that the Company
values are maintained.
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is afforded to all
staff, parents and children.
- Supervise and support children at all times.
- Contribute to maintaining an attractive and welcoming environment.
- Prepare and supervise activities.
- Read, understand and implement all Company policies, procedures
and operational practices.
- Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the
requirements of Montessori Curriculum and the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensure that any changes to policies, procedures and operational
practices are adhered to within the required timescale.
- Notify the line manager of any concerns or issues regarding
Company policies, procedures and operational practices.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents
visitors and work colleagues.
- Ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained.
- Attend regular staff meetings, planning meetings and undertake
training as required.
- Support and mentor junior staff
- Support children in developing their personal and social skills
and in making relationships with other children through modelling
- Plan environment and learning experience, which promotes the
principles as set out in Montessori Curriculum and the Early Years
- Manage observational records of key children and use them to
inform planning maintain a record of the Childs day. Share with the
child’s parents and other practitioners within the setting as appropriate.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the company's values are maintained.
- Liase and support Deputy Manger and Manger
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and
you are required to carry out other duties in line with your role.