Job Title: L3 Childcare Practitioner Add to My Job Folder
Job Setting: Day Nursery / Nursery School
Job Role: Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioner
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019
Salary: £17,000 to £18,500 per annum Salary according to Qualifications and Experience
Hours: Full Time
Job Reference: L3 Aut19
Due to high numbers of enrolments we have a vacancy for a full time, L3 Qualified Early Years practitioner.
You will be someone who is dynamic, has the ability to work as part of a team, be able to use your initiative and time manage your day effectively to ensure the smooth running of our nursery. Having worked with children before is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team and to work closely with the Nursery Manager, the management team and the Director.
The nursery has an excellent reputation and we want to maintain the excellent standards that the nursery has already been accredited for when we received ‘good in all areas’ in our last two Ofsted inspections.
You will be someone who is experienced and focused on delivering excellent standards of care with a natural ability to work as part of a team and always be willing to go above and beyond.
Location: Little Faces Childcare, Pontlands Park, West Hanningfield
Road, Gt Baddow, Chelmsford. CM2 8HR
Salary: Dependant on qualification and experience.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, between the hours of 7.30am to 6pm (shift rota), all year round.
~ Level 3 (full and relevant) childcare qualification
~ Enhanced DBS* certificate/ Clear
~ Basic Food Hygiene Certificate*
~ Paediatric First Aid certificate*
~ Safeguarding children certificate*
(*these can be arranged and undertaken within the setting).
We are also looking for someone who....
* Has a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
* Is able to laugh at jokes they don't understand, or don't find funny!
* If a child requests that they be a captain of a pirate ship, they will be the best pirate captain they can be!
* Feels comfortable telling everybody in the same room as them that they are going to the toilet!
* Doesn't have to have the ability to be able to sing in tune, but must have the confidence to sing out of tune in front of a crowd.
* Must be able to distribute warm hugs, as and when required.
* Must possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people. This is of the utmost importance.
* Must be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on their clothing.
* Must have a high level of comfort talking about bodily functions.
* Must have the ability to pretend to eat playdough creations realistically. This is an essential requirement along with drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
* Must have the ability to read a ten page story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
* Must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day.
* Loves being outside come rain or shine.
* Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families. There is simply no other job quite like it.
If the above sounds like you, and you think you fit the criteria, we would love to hear from you!