Job Title: Catering Assistant
Job Setting: Day Nursery / Nursery School
Job Role: Kitchen Assistant / Catering Assistant
26 Sep 2018
£8.00 per hour
Hours: Full Time
Exeter , Devon
Kiddi Caru Exeter (Sowton) - Part of the Kiddi Caru Day Nurseries
Group is currently seeking a Catering Assistant to join their team.
You will assist in the overall preparation of food and cleanliness of
the nursery kitchen. You will help organise and prepare healthy,
nutritious and tasty meals and snacks for the children attending the
nursery and be familiar with and comply with relevant nursery policies
ensuring a high standard of food safety management at all time.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Serve a menu of exciting, well balanced, healthy, freshly prepared
meals and snacks with seasonal ingredients.
- Ensure the Nursery Food Safety Management Systems are adhered to
at all times.
- Ensure that the kitchen environment and all equipment is kept
clean and well maintained at all times.
- Take shared responsibility for health and safety throughout the
nursery. Be familiar with and comply with the nursery’s risk
management, emergency and security procedures and immediately report
any safety concerns to the Nursery Manager.
- Assist in planning and cater for children with special dietary
requirements including children with allergies, cultural food
preferences and weaning/development needs.
As part of the Harlow team you will eligible for the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- Discounted childcare at our nurseries
- Ongoing professional development, training and promotional opportunities.
- Uniform provided
- Recommend a friend scheme
The nursery and it’steam are committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of children and young people and an enhanced DBS check
will be required for this role.