This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Deputy Nursery Manager
Location: South Kensington
Salary: Circa £26,333 per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time (Working 40 hours a week)
How we work:
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does
what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the
lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
Spring Cheyne is part of the Spring Nursery group. We are currently
recruiting for a Deputy Nursery Manager to join our team based in
South Kensington, London. Our Early Years Children's Centre is for 0-5
year olds supporting the Nursery Manager and you will be managing a
team of 8.
Spring is a trading name of Action For Children Developments Limited,
a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales:
Company Number 06842765. Registered Office: 3, the Boulevard, Ascot
Road, Watford, Herts WD18 8AG
How you'll make a difference:
- By acting as a role model for all staff and acting on behalf of
the Nursery Manager in their absence.
- By ensuring compliance with registration and legislative
requirements. Working with the entire staff team to exceed the
requirements of Ofsted.
- By leading practice within the Nursery, ensuring that our children
experience a broad range of play and learning opportunities that is
appropriate to their age and developmental stages.
- By undertaking the Designated Safeguarding Person role in the
Nursery's Managers absence. You will take direct responsibility for
any issues that arise, ensuring the safety and welfare of the
children in our care.
- By monitoring of child protection issues, undertaking review
meetings as needed and working with families and professionals involved.
- By directly line managing your team; taking the lead on
recruitment, induction, monitoring and inspiring staff to achieve
their best. By working with the Nursery Manager to ensure a culture
of excellence that all staff feel a part of and wish to work in.
Where the benefit to the child is at the centre of everything we do.
- By understanding the financial and budgetary responsibilities of
the Nursery, ensuring that fees are collected and preparing budgets
and financial reporting as needed.
- By having your own key working caseload of children. You will
build an excellent relationship with the children you work with,
their families and support network. You will develop age appropriate
educational, social and emotional plan for these children that takes
into account their individual needs.
- By loving your role, having fun and making every day count for the
children we have the pleasure of caring for.
What you'll need:
- Level 3 Early Years and Childcare Qualification e.g. NNEB, CACHE,
NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education
- Proven track record of working as a Deputy Nursery in a similar role.
- Experience of working in an Early Years childcare setting or a
setting working with children aged 0-5 years
- Full current understanding and knowledge of children's emotional,
physical, psychological and educational developmental needs from 0
to 5 years.
- At Action for Children, we use digital systems to record our work,
we require our staff to be confident in using various IT packages
for recording and monitoring. Full training on our systems is provided.
- Be confident in safeguarding procedures
- Have past supervisory experience of staff and some experience of
leading a team
Paediatric First Aid Qualification
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
If you do not hold these qualifications but have the essential
requirements, please still apply, as full training will be provided.
How we reward you:
- 25 days annual leave plus national bank holidays
- Discounts at major high street retailers
- Company Pension Scheme
- 75% Staff discount on a childcare place at the nursery, including
tax free childcare
- £1000 cash payment upon successful probation period is completed.
For more information on this opportunity please contact and quote
reference number 0755.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing
diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all
suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are
currently under-represented in our workforce.