This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2018-04-21 Care Homes Job Title: Deputy Nursery Manager
Job Setting: Day Nursery / Nursery School
Job Role: Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2018
Job Location: Coventry , West Midlands
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Jennifer Faulkner
Creative Flair Childcare has two, homely, welcoming nurseries in Kenilworth and Coventry. We have a dedicated team that are committed to providing high-quality care to our children. We are a dance, music, drama and the arts inclusive nursery and we encourage our children to participate in these activities within their sessions. We believe that this enhances their early years experiences and helps them grow to become confident little people.
We are looking for a forward-thinking person who can work within a team and has managerial experience within a Nursery environment. The position is room based, with some time given for office tasks. Someone who possesses the ability and is well experienced in communicating with staff and parents in a friendly and efficient manner. A practitioner who has excellent EYFS and leadership skills and who can demonstrate solid organisation and administration skills with the ability to work with the Nursery Director in leading the nursery in the Nursery Manager's absence. Also we are looking for someone who has the ability and experience to communicate.
The Deputy Manager Position requires you to be a Designated Safeguarding Lead for the setting. This means you would take the lead on ensuring children are cared for in a safe and positive environment and commit to continued vigilance to ensure this – in line with our Safeguarding Policy. You will need to attend DSL training every 2 years and keep up to date with changes to the Warwickshire guidelines and good practice.
Duties & Responsibilities as our Deputy Manager;
- To support the setting in the absence of the Nursery Manager and/or Nursery Director
- Support and work alongside the Nursery Manager and Director to ensure that the nursery philosophy is fulfilled
- Co-ordinate plan and prioritise activities and progress in order to develop a stimulating environment
- Attend and support staff meetings as well as training courses
- Help to ensure all staff are fully aware of their responsibilities
in line with policies and procedures
- Assist the Manager with the day to day management of the nursery by ensuring that everything is running smoothly in the rooms
- Take sufficient care of all visitors, staff and parents in order to comply with legal requirements
- Help maintain a professional working environment in the nursery
- Model and promote positive behaviour strategies for children and their families.
- Support the ethos of the nursery as set out in the mission statement.
- Help to provide and maintain a safe and secure environment for both children and adults. Help ensure that the cleanliness and tidiness of the nursery is to a high standard.
- To undertake training and development as agreed with the Nursery Director.
- Undertake other duties as necessary and as may be requested by the
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered, please click 'Apply' below and attached your latest CV.
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs