This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
2018-04-19 Care Homes Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Job Setting: Day Nursery / Nursery School
Job Role: Kitchen Assistant / Catering Assistant
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2018
Job Location: Harpenden , Hertfordshire
Salary: £16,500 to £17,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Jai Spurr
Our lovely Harpenden Pre-School and Nursery has an opportunity for a
full-time Kitchen Assistant to join their friendly and dedicated team.
Bright Horizons Nurseries, awarded “Great Place to Work” for 12 years
may have the job you are looking for!
To be considered you will need a minimum of a level 2 Food Safety qualification or previous relevant experience. Sound knowledge of COSHH/ HACCP is also required. As a Kitchen Assistant working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
93 % of our employees agree that “When I look at what we accomplish I feel a sense of pride”
Your role as Kitchen Assistant will include:
• Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, food hygiene and meeting legal company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene.
• Supporting the preparation of enough age appropriate food for all children on a daily basis with minimum wastage
• Make sure all dietary requirements are catered for and clearly communicated to the teams
• Work in co-operation and partnership with the nursery team and parents to encourage a healthy and nutritious diet
We offer an extensive benefits package which includes:
• Amazing high street discounts with popular retailers
• Employee appreciation month with treats/meals for the team
• External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss (debt etc.)
• Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development
• Excellent career opportunities in a huge organisation
• A ‘World Class’ Induction programme
“5 out of 6 employees would recommend Bright Horizons as a Great Place to Work!”
You may have experience of the following: Senior Nursery Nurse, Head of Unit, Senior Nursery Practitioner, Room Supervisor, Room Manager.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Please click on APPLY below to submit your CV and covering message for this position.
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs