Apply for this Job
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Nursery cook
Job Role: Cook / Chef
20 Feb 2018
Hanwell Montessori Nursery & Pre-school
View all jobs posted by V D's Dream Nurseries & Preschools
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Maria Racz-Makany
We are looking for a lovely cook for our nursery in Hanwell.
Our nursery is open 51 weeks a year. The shift will be from Monday to
Friday from 9:00-17:00.
Our ideal candidate is creative and have a knowledge of preparing
delicious and healthy food for children.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the kitchen,
ensuring compliance with registration and legislative requirements
at all times.
- To organise, cook and prepare a healthy, balanced diet for
children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Take into consideration daily those children who have special
dietary requirements and prepare a suitable alternative.
- Ensure the kitchen and equipment is kept suitably clean at all
times including walls, floors and trolleys to transport food
following a cleaning schedule. On a daily basis that all crockery,
cutlery and cooking utensils are washed in accordance with food
- Ensure that all foods are ready at the specified time and
- To ensure you have a clean uniform, including head wear, daily and
wear suitable footwear for working in a busy kitchen space.
- The ability to work as part of a team and use your own initiative.
- The ability to manage your own time and prioritise tasks.
- To contribute to the team effort of the nursery and to attend
staff meetings and social events as and when required
- Be prepared and punctual at all times.
- Order food weekly to ensure foods are fresh and suitable for menus.
- Ensure kitchen is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure cooking utensils are kept clean and tidy at all times..
- Be aware of policies and representing our nursery
- Should have good understanding of food hygiene regulations
- Be aware of Health & Safety at all times.
- Nursery Chef, Nursery Cook: 1 - 2 years
- Experience of complying with the safer food, better business
regulations and a familiarity of the associated paper work
- Experience of Health and Safety issues
- Experienced in catering for children
Please apply only when you are able to fulfil this shift and you have
experience in working in a nursery.