This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Deputy Assistant Manager
Job Role: Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager
09 Feb 2018
, West Midlands
Banana Moon Day Nursery Edgbaston
View all jobs posted by Banana Moon Day Nursery Edgbaston
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Nursery Manager
The Assistant Deputy Manager is responsible to the Nursery Manager
and in their absence to the Deputy Manager.
The Assistant Deputy Manger will have responsibility as a Room Leader
whilst supporting the management with leadership of the team in the
daily running of the nursery, whilst also being expected to take
responsibility for every day management responsibilities in the
absence of the Manager or the Deputy Manager.
To support operation of the nursery facilities and staff, to ensure a
high quality, balanced provision of leading practice education and
care is delivered at all times. Responsible for company adherence to
Banana Moon policies and procedures. Consistently meeting legislative
requirements and following education curriculum, delivering standards
to ensure highest possible inspection grading.
To assist the training, support, mentoring, role modelling and
supervision of their staff team to inspire and lead ambitious
practice. To create a safe, caring and welcoming setting in which
parents are happy to entrust their child and where their child is
encouraged and supported to flourish in an enabling and stimulating environment.
To promote a successful business with a first class reputation,
engaging with the local community and marketing the nursery whilst
providing excellent care.
Acting as a named co-ordinator relevant to their skills or training
as designated by the Nursery Manager.
- To liaise with the Manager/Deputy to ensure operational policies
and procedures implemented by Banana Moon Franchise are adhered to,
ensuring relevant legislation is met.
- Maintain and promote the brand of Banana Moon Franchise.
- To be responsible for the management of allocated room, role
modelling, inspiring and supporting ambitious practice.
- Having key holder responsibility, ensuring security is maintained
at all times, including the opening up and the closing of the
nursery at the end of the day.
- Respond professionally to complaints (verbal/written), recording
and reporting to management and assisting positively with and
- Assist with Head Office Quality Improvement Visits and Inspections
and support staff to action all recommendations within the agreed
- Ensure room ratios are in line with policy and rotas are adhered
to, supervising staff breaks efficiently.
- Ensure daily room registers and records of children in attendance
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies, completing risk assessments,
hazard logs and documentation as set out in the operational plan.
- To participate in the emergency and security procedures such as
emergency evacuation, door security and e-safety.
- Be alert to issues of safeguarding, ensuring that the welfare and
safety of the children and adults is paramount, recording and
reporting any concerns to the DSL.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in practice,
ensuring relevant documentation is completed as required.
- To administer first aid and medication as appropriate and keeping
the manager informed of any actions.
- Implement Self-Evaluation plans, supporting room practitioners in actions.
- Involvement in staff meetings, arranging agendas for room meetings
which support continually evolving high standards of practice.
- Identify, via staff supervisions and staff/room observations,
training requirements of practitioners and request appropriate
training via the Manager.
- Monitor and record staff performance, discussing any concerns or
achievements with the Manager, to ensure professional development
plans are actively in place.
- Participate in the induction process for new practitioners and
students, continuing a programme of mentoring and guidance to the
- Delegate roles and tasks amongst the team to utilise individual’s
skills and knowledge and enhance professional development.
- Participate in safer recruitment process, providing trial feedback
- To cascade information to the team, ensuring all are updated on
new and events.
- Oversee the, observation, assessment and room planning to ensure
the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance of
challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting
children’s individual needs and interests.
- To understand key children’s culture, level of development and
identify next steps.
- To oversee the record keeping system for children’s development
and support staff in completing and maintaining these records on a
regular basis with quality meaningful observations and assessments
and to involve parents in the process of planning.
- To collate information for accurate tracking purposes and
- Oversee the settling in of new children in a sensitive manner,
ensuring all relevant documentation is completed, liaising closely
with parents and staff to ensure home life and children’s interests
are utilised for reassurance.
- Liaise with the Deputy/Room Leaders to ensure confident systems
are in place to guarantee the continued smooth running of the
settings in the absence of the Manager.
- 2 Years Experiance
- Level 4 Qualifications