This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Nursery Nurse
Job Role: Bank Nursery Nurse
09 Feb 2018
, West Midlands
Banana Moon Day Nursery Edgbaston
View all jobs posted by Banana Moon Day Nursery Edgbaston
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Contact Name: Nursery Manager
Nursery Nurses are responsible initially to the Room Leader, the
Nursery Manager and in their absence to the named individual as per
management structure of the nursery.
Nursery Nurses ensure a high quality, balanced provision of leading
practice education and care is delivered; creating a safe, caring and
welcoming setting in which parents are happy to entrust their child
and where their child is encouraged and supported to flourish in an
enabling and stimulating environment.
To adhere to Banana Moon policies and procedures and meet legislative
requirements and following education curriculum, delivering standards
to ensure highest possible inspection grading.
To promote a successful business with a first class reputation,
engaging with the local community and marketing the nursery whilst
providing excellent customer care.
Acting as a named co-ordinator relevant to their skills or training
as designated by the Nursery Manager.
- To ensure operational policies and procedures implemented by
Banana Moon Franchise are adhered to, ensuring relevant legislation
- Maintain and promote the brand of Banana Moon Franchise.
- To support and demonstrate inspiring and ambitious practice.
- Respond professionally to complaints (verbal/written), recording
and reporting to management and assist positively with any actions required.
- Assist with Head Office Quality Improvement Visits and Inspections.
- Adhere to room ratios in line with policy and rotas.
- Ensure daily room registers and records of children in attendance
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies, completing risk assessments,
hazard logs and documentation as set out in the operational plan.
- To participate in the emergency and security procedures such as
emergency evacuation, door security and e-safety.
- Be alert to issues of safeguarding, ensuring that the welfare and
safety of the children and adults is paramount, recording and
reporting any concerns to the DSL.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in practice,
ensuring relevant documentation is completed as required.
- To administer first aid and medication as appropriate and keeping
the manager informed of any actions.
- Active involvement in staff meetings, which support continually
evolving high standards of practice.
- Participate in the induction process for students’ continuing a
programme of mentoring and guidance.
- Participate in safer recruitment process, providing trial feedback
- To understand key children’s culture, level of development and
identify next steps with line mangers support.
- To work with colleagues in observation, assessment and planning,
to ensure the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance
of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting
children’s individual needs and interests.
- To ensure the detailed record keeping for key children’s
development maintaining these records on a regular basis with
quality meaningful observations and assessments and to involve
parents in the process of planning and sharing of children’s progress.
- Oversee the settling in of new children in a sensitive manner,
ensuring all relevant documentation is completed, liaising closely
with parents and staff to ensure home life and children’s interests
are utilised for reassurance.
- Level 3 Qualifications
- 1 Year Experiance