share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2018-03-03 Nurseries Job Title: Nursery Assistant
Job Role: Nursery Assistant / Early Years Assistant
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2018
Job Location: Teddington , London
Salary: £16,965 per annum
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Sarah Hall
Eduko Education Ltd. is a network of innovative nurseries, catering for the needs of 21st century children and their parents. Our vision is to develop an exceptional Early Years environment and brand to meet a range of parent and children’s needs.
At Eduko we strongly believe in giving children the very best start in life, through creating nurturing and inspiring environments where quality is at the centre of everything we do. At Eduko all our colleagues are committed to preparing today’s children to thrive in tomorrow’s world. We want the very best for our children, to achieve that we only recruit the very best.
We are now looking for a part time (30 hours) unqualified Nursery Assistant for our beautiful nursery in Teddington to support us with our vision.
Buttons is a 54-place nursery built in a converted house which is situated near to a local park with plenty of outdoor space. It is open from 7:30am to 6:00pm and is recognised as ‘good’ by Ofsted, with relationships with parents being an outstanding element. The nursery has a free-flow outdoor space, a welcoming family room and a manager that is truly passionate about providing exceptional Early Years care.
• To work as part of a team- providing a safe stimulating environment
• To be a positive role model
• To supervise children at all times
• To ensure that you take responsibility for health and safety in the nursery
• To take shared responsibility to safeguard all children in your care
• To be flexible in working hours
• To support keypersons/play buddies in daily activities
• To cover all rooms if and when necessary.
• To assist in setting up the environments indoors and outdoors
• To build good partnership with parents and help and support when necessary
• To attend regular staff meetings and training to keep own knowledge up to date
• To undertake some domestic duties.
• A positive approach to gaining further qualifications and CPD
• A valid Paediatric first aid certificate - desirable
• A valid food hygiene certificate - desirable
Knowledge & Experience:
• Some experience of working with children aged 0-5
• Experience of working in partnership with parents
• Some experience of providing personal care to children and recognising their individual needs
• Knowledge of working in line with the EYFS framework and requirements
• Experience of working with children with additional needs
• Knowledge of child development and meeting children’s needs
• Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding children and personal responsibilities relating to this
• You will receive an annual holiday entitlement and get the week off between Christmas and New Year on the Company
• You can take an extra day’s holiday in the month of your birthday, whenever it suits you
• Receive paid time to attend numerous training and CPD activities
• Receive a discount on your childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Get childcare vouchers/tax free childcare
• Your salary will be reviewed every April
• Annual Company awards to recognise colleagues with outstanding achievements
• Regular bonuses to celebrate the team’s success
• The Company will contribute towards your pension
As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care, the successful candidate is expected to undergo an enhanced DBS check.