This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Nursery Practitioner
Job Role: Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioner
12 Jan 2018
Tiny Toez @ Treehouse
View all jobs posted by Tiny Toez Ltd
per hour National Living/Min Wage
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Michelle Gould
TTTH TTO F/T P/T
JOB DESCRIPTION – Level 3 Childcare Practitioner
Full Time 40 hours / Part Time 15/30 hours TTO
Purpose of Post
- To provide a high standard of physical and emotional, social and
intellectual care for children placed in the nursery.
- To give support to other personnel within the nursery.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- To implement the EYFS.
- Team Work.
- Liaise with parents.
Responsible To:Childcare Manager (Deputy Manager in
absence of Childcare Manager)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of
children in your care in conjunction with other staff, taking into
account individual needs, stages of development, religious and
- To keep observations and records on your key children as necessary
under the EYFS.
- Work with parents of children with additional needs and other
agencies in order to give full integration into the nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be involved in activities outside of working hours, e.g.
training, staff meetings, Christmas party etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be
prepared to help where needed including to undertake certain
domestic duties within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snacks,
meals, cleaning of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the
mission statement, aims and objectives of the nursery are fulfilled.
- Recording accidents on the appropriate forms.
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’ where your help can be utilised
and be constantly aware of the needs of all the children.
- Ensure someone known to the nursery collects the children.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a
- Specific Child Care Tasks:
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its
standard at all times.
- Transport children safely to and from school, whether it be in a
vehicle or walking.
- Liaise with school staff and be able to pass on accurate
information from parents to school and back to parents again.
This job description is not exhaustive and is intended to be a
guide to the principal duties and responsibilities of the post only.
It may be amended at any time with the agreement of the post
holder and line manager.
- Safegaurding Level 1
- Food Hygiene
- Paediatric First Aid