Apply for this Job
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Nursery Nurse
Job Role: Nursery Nurse / Early Years Practitioner
03 Jan 2018
, Tyne & Wear
Banana Moon Day Nursery Gateshead
View all jobs posted by Banana Moon Day Nursery Gateshead
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Rachael Brown
Nursery Nurses ensure a high quality, balanced provision of
leading practice education and care is delivered; creating a safe,
caring and welcoming setting in which parents are happy to entrust
their child and where their child is encouraged and supported to
flourish in an enabling and stimulating environment.
To adhere to Banana Moon policies and procedures and meet
legislative requirements and following education curriculum,
delivering standards to ensure highest possible inspection grading.
To promote a successful business with a first class reputation,
engaging with the local community and marketing the nursery whilst
providing excellent customer care.
Acting as a named co-ordinator relevant to their skills or training
as designated by the Nursery Manager.
- To ensure operational policies and procedures implemented by
Banana Moon Franchise are adhered to, ensuring relevant legislation
- Maintain and promote the brand of Banana Moon Franchise.
- To support and demonstrate inspiring and ambitious practice.
Respond professionally to complaints (verbal/written), recording
and reporting to management and assist positively with any actions required.
- Assist with Head Office Quality Improvement Visits and Inspections.
- Adhere to room ratios in line with policy and rotas.
- Ensure daily room registers and records of children in attendance
Adhere to Health and Safety policies, completing risk
assessments, hazard logs and documentation as set out in the
- To participate in the emergency and security procedures such as
emergency evacuation, door security and e-safety.
- Be alert to issues of safeguarding, ensuring that the welfare and
safety of the children and adults is paramount, recording and
reporting any concerns to the DSL.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in practice,
ensuring relevant documentation is completed as required.
- To administer first aid and medication as appropriate and keeping
the manager informed of any actions.
- Active involvement in staff meetings, which support continually
evolving high standards of practice.
- Participate in the induction process for students’ continuing a
programme of mentoring and guidance.
- Participate in safer recruitment process, providing trial feedback
- To understand key children’s culture, level of development and
identify next steps with line managers support.
- To work with colleagues in observation, assessment and planning,
to ensure the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance
of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting
children’s individual needs and interests.
To ensure the detailed record keeping for key children’s
development maintaining these records on a regular basis with
quality meaningful observations and assessments and to involve
parents in the process of planning and sharing of children’s progress.
- Oversee the settling in of new children in a sensitive manner,
ensuring all relevant documentation is completed, liaising closely
with parents and staff to ensure home life and children’s interests
are utilised for reassurance.
- A full and relevant level 3 qualification as defined by Children’s Workforce Development Council
- Knowledge of safeguarding children
- child protection policy/procedure and prevent duty
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage & experience of implementing this
- Experience of maintaining a high level of confidentiality in all areas of work
- Awareness of purposeful observation
- assessment and planning