Apply for this Job
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Nursery Practitioner
Job Role: Nursery Assistant / Early Years Assistant
28 Dec 2017
Serendipity Nursery II
View all jobs posted by Serendipity Nursery Ltd
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Louise Hudson, Manager
You will be responsible for providing high standards of physical,
emotional, social and intellectual quality care and play for children
within a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment; allowing our
children to grow and develop to achieve their full potential. To give
support to fellow staff members within the setting and to work as part
of a team in order to provide this.
following safeguarding procedures and maintaining the standards of our
settings at all times. Build and maintain strong partnerships with
parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
- Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children at all times
- To ensure the provision of a high quality and enabling environment
to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any
disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- Be aware of any individual requirements/needs a child may have and
to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
- To act as a key person, carrying out observations and assessments,
maintaining records of progress
- Assist with planning and implementing the revised EYFS.
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs
and interest of children in the setting are met
- Helping to prepare and plan activities with the children
- Observe, support and extend children's learning.
- Liaising closely with parents/carers about their children's needs
and to inform parents/carers how their child is progressing.
- Promoting positive relationships and support with parents,
children, colleagues, students and volunteers.
- Support and work as part of a team with other staff members and
liaise with senior staff and management, where appropriate.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children,
parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality
- Attend staff meetings, training courses as required, keeping up to
date with current good practice, parent evenings, this may need to
be out of working hours on occasions.
- To ensure that all nursery paper work is maintained and completed
- Maintain confidential information regarding the children, their
families or others and
- To read, understand and ensure adherence to the nursery's policies
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting,
undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic
tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, set up
activities, clear away and supervision of children during meal times.
- Ensuring that the premises and environment are safe, clean and
well maintained at all times.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its
standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as
SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer e
- Nursery Manager/Deputy
- Room leaders
- Senior members of staff
Qualifications & Skills:
Level 2 or Level 3 in Early Years is required.
experience in a similar role within a setting is preferred.
An Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken.
• Term Time only
• Opening hours: 7am -7pm
Working hours on a weekly shift.
• Overtime is available during
school holidays if wanted.