share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2018-01-16 Nurseries Job Title: Deputy Manager - Baby Barn
Job Role: Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017
Job Location: St Albans , Hertfordshire
Company: Willows Farm Day Nursery
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum up to £25,000
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: Lucy Horwood
Deputy Nursery Manager - Childcare, Early Years
Full time, Permanent
Location: London Colney, Hertfordshire
Commutable from: St Albans, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, Watford, Hemel Hempstead,
Borehamwood, Potters Bar, Enfield
Since opening its doors in 2013, Willows Farm Day Nursery has become one of the most sought after settings in the area. Located on an idyllic farm setting, our facilities allow us to do much more than your average Nursery. Due to continued success, we are now looking for an experienced professional to join our Baby Barn London Colney Nursery.
To develop and maintain the day to day organising and functionality of the room provisions, leading a team of nursery Practitioners.To provide a happy safe, secure and stimulating environment in which the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and psychological development of the children is taken in to full account.To encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence.
Responsibilities and Duties
• To take full day to day responsibility for the efficient running of the room facility.
• To help deal with staff records and help with appraisals.
• To be responsible for maintaining as close to possible the predicted occupancy levels.
• To provide an attractive stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays relevant to the age and needs of the children in the setting, which encourage independence, self-motivation and eagerness to learn.
• To establish, in conjunction with the childcare SENCO, individual programmes for any children with special needs.
• To treat information of matters relating to the work within the setting as confidential.
• To ensure any injury or accident or suspicion of non-accidental injury are recorded correctly or reported.
• To ensure a high standard of hygiene in relation to staff, children, equipment and surroundings.
• To ensure Kids play policies and procedures are followed at all times.
• To ensure that the ofsted standards including EYFS is followed at all times.
• To support the nursery manager in striving to deliver an outstanding setting
• To work within the set company budgets, support the manager in controlling monthly invoices and direct debits
• To manage the setting within the set standards in the absence of the nursery manager.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for a confident and experienced Early Years Professional, who has extensive experience working with babies aged 0-12 months. This would be the ideal position for a Senior Baby Room Leader looking to take a step up into their first management position. You must be qualified to a minimum of level 3 in childcare, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbally. You will have experience dealing with admin, and record keeping, and be a strong team leader and mentor. As we are a large day nursery, experience in a similar size setting would be preferred.
Working in this unique environment, the role will be challenging and extremely rewarding! We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including 28 days holiday (increasing with service), a free annual family pass into Willows Activity farm, free hot lunches every day, uniform, employee of the month, healthcare NHS top up, pension, and an annual company awards ceremony to name a few.
Willows Farm Day Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.