This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobsAdd to My Job Folder
Job Title: Housekeeper/Kitchen Assistant
Job Setting: Day Nursery / Nursery School
Job Role: Housekeeper / Cleaner
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2017
Salary: £16,000 to £16,500 per annum + a comprehensive benefits package
Hours: Full Time
Job Reference: 61111BR
Bright Horizons Nurseries, awarded “Great Place to Work” for 12 years are currently recruiting for a part-time Housekeeper/Kitchen Assistant to join our Carshalton Nursery.
The role is working 40 hours a week Monday to Friday.
As a Housekeeper/Kitchen Assistant working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
93 % of our employees agree that “When I look at what we accomplish I feel a sense of pride”
Your role as Housekeeper/Kitchen Assistant will include:
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment for all children and staff throughout the day
• Carry out regular stock take of supplies and orders replacement of supplies as needed
• Notifying the Nursery Manager when equipment needs repair
• Cleaning of the nursery- 4 base rooms, laundry and maintaining cleanliness of nursery
• The role will also require the successful candidate to support within the kitchen with cleaning and washing up where required.
We offer an extensive benefits package which includes:
• Amazing high street discounts with popular retailers
• Employee appreciation month with treats/meals for the team
• External 24-hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss (debt etc)
• Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development
• Excellent career opportunities in a huge organisation
• A ‘World Class’ Induction programme
“5 out of 6 employees would recommend Bright Horizons as a Great Place to Work!”
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs