This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Kitchen Assitsant
Job Role: Kitchen Assistant / Catering Assistant
05 Dec 2017
, West Sussex
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Prasanna
We are looking for a part time kitchen assistant to join our team
2-4 days per week
Flexible working times
- Assisting the Chef Manager/ Deputy Chef with tasks designated to
them by the Chef Manager/ Deputy Chef.
- Working towards - Delivering/serving the evening meal, which is
prepared by the Chef/ Deputy Chef.
- Ensuring that any necessary preparation is made for the next day.
- Preparing vegetables.
- Working towards - Assisting the Chef Manager/ Deputy Chef with
simple cooking tasks.
- Washing up and ensuring that the kitchen is clean.
- The team is responsible for maintaining hygiene in the kitchen.
Specific jobs of the team include:
- Cleaning the kitchen floor and generally wiping down.
- Keeping the cleaning schedule up to date
- Cleaning fridges and freezers.
- Cleaning the ovens / grills / fryers.
- Emptying the refuse bags.
- Ensuring that stores are checked and appropriately stacked on the shelves.
- Conducting all procedures within the kitchen with due regard to
the Food Hygiene, Health and Safety legislation, Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Undertaking any additional training and development programmes the
Home may consider appropriate in order to enhance your contribution
to the work at this home.
- Attending any team meetings or other meetings as required.
- Reviewing on a regular basis the job description for your post and
to agree any changes.
- To be up to date on, and follow, the relevant procedures contained
in the Home’s Policies and Procedures file as they affect your job
and its responsibilities.
- To be accountable to the Chef Manager/ Deputy Chef for all areas
of your duties and responsibilities.
Tradstir Limited T/A Sycamore Court is a company which consistently
and positively celebrates differences that we have as people. This
Home, in its policy and training, describes what we can expect of each
other in our conduct. In your job, we expect you to make the fair
treatment of colleagues and of those whom we serve a priority.
Policies and Procedures
- Regular one to one and team meetings with the Chef and other
members of the team.
- An annual appraisal meeting at which personal targets will be set
- Necessary Qulification & Cerifications