Experienced Qualified Nursery Cook (Rochdale) OL11
This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Experienced Qualified Nursery Cook (Rochdale) OL11
Job Role: Cook / Chef
01 Dec 2017
, Greater Manchester
View all jobs posted by Fisherfield Childcare
T.B.C. at interview
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Nadia Salim
Qfd Nursery Cook/Edinburgh Way
We have a vacancy for an inspired, experienced, qualified cook to
join our Fisherfield Childcare team at our Edinburgh Way Nursery,
Edinburgh Way, Rochdale OL11 2PD
This involves catering for a large number (55+) of young children
with various dietary requirements and of various ages, from 3 months
old up to 5 years old.
The vacancy is all year round, working 27.50 hours per week Monday to
Friday, 8.00am - 1.30pm on a permanent basis.
Do you enjoy cooking?
- Relevant food hygiene qualifications.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of food handling policies
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of environmental
- A relevant and up to date First Aid qualification (Training is provided)
- A professional attitude at all times & clear communication skills.
- A flexible approach to your work & a ‘can do’ attitude.
Are you inspired to:
- Plan, prepare and cook meals that constitute a healthy balanced
diet for children aged between 3 months and 5 years old.
- Provide a catering service which meets all health & safety
standards, the requirements of the setting and the needs of the
children and families who attend.
- Produce healthy weekly menus that link to the seasons.
- Ensure you maintain all health & safety standards in your
kitchen and inform the management of any concerns regarding these areas.
- Be constantly aware of the dietary needs of all the children in
- Have the child’s interest and wellbeing in mind ensuring at all
times that you meet the individual needs of the children.
- Support and take account of the children’s/families cultural and
- Follow the settings weaning procedures.
- Work alongside the nursery teams to support cooking activities
with the children within the setting.
- Include within menus, foods to support and reflect celebrations
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to join
the team please submit your C.V. in application.
Job Type: Permanent
- Basic food hygiene qualification