share this job on:
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs
2017-12-31 Nurseries Job Title: Nursery Practitioner - Bank Staff
Job Role: Bank Nursery Nurse
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2017
Job Location: Edgware , London
Salary: £7.50 to £8.00 per hour
Hours: Part Time
Contact Name: Janina Man
The Nursery Practitioner (Bank Staff) is a key member of the Nursery team and responsible for delivering high-quality learning opportunities and care for the children in their room, based on the needs and interests of those children. They will:
· Promote positive relationships within the Nursery.
· Promote the promotion of health, safety and wellbeing of the children within the nursery.
· Support the children’s development, learning and play within the room.
· Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
· Contribute to the effectiveness of team work.
The duties & responsibilities:
· Have a child-centred approach to the running of the nursery.
· Encourage and model appropriate behaviour and expectations.
· Maintain an accurate and effective child’s learning journals.
· Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality.
· Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality.
· Work well as part of the team and ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
· Work in partnership with parents.
· Attend parent events and meetings as required.
· Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
· Work with other agencies to support children.
· Implement Buckingham First Nursery policies & procedures to ensure compliance with the EYFS and other statutory requirements.
· Observe and plan appropriately for the children using the Buckingham First Nursery guidance materials.
· Ensure the children are kept safe and that where necessary follow child protection procedures.
· Practice positive behaviour management techniques.
· Support the manager to work as a team to ensure a good or better Ofsted inspection outcome.
· Attend staff meetings and training sessions for continuing professional development.
· Participate in all self-development activities including appraisals and supervision.
· Maintain staffing ratios in accordance with statutory requirements.