Deputy Nursery Manager
This job is no longer available, please click
here to search all available jobs
Add to My Job Folder
Job Title: Deputy Nursery Manager
Job Role: Deputy Manager / Assistant Manager
27 Nov 2017
Little Bears Day-Care
View all jobs posted by Little Bears Day-Care
£9.50 PER HOUR
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: katie king
Little Bears Day-Care are looking for a Deputy Nursery Manager to
join the team at our day care service, located within the beautiful
Whiteley Village in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey. Little Bears Day-Care
are looking for exceptional people to provide a high standard of
physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place
in the setting; we are looking for people who like to work as part of
a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all
individual children can play, develop and learn.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- To assist the Manager in managing the provision of the nursery
ensuring that children, parents and the staff team work together
effectively to provide high quality childcare.
- To be aware of the management of day-to-day financial operations
within the nursery and in conjunction with the Manager meet
financial targets and manage the occupancy ensuring maximum capacity.
- To manage a staff team effectively.
- To assist in the monitoring and assessing of the quality of
provision ensuring that policies and procedures, best practice and
standards are maintained.
The main duties of the successful candidate will be:
- To promote the aims and objectives of Little Bear’s Day-Care.
- To assist the manager in setting and implementing objectives and
policy for the nursery.
- To promote the high standards of the nursery at all times to
children, parent's/carers, staff and visitors.
- To lead in overall planning and organisation of daily activities
- To be responsible for a group of key children including
observations, assessment and individual planning
- To monitor children’s learning and development and staff performance
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the
needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious
backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and
- With the Manager, to be responsible for the Health and Safety
standards appropriate for the needs of young children and ensuring
staff compliance and awareness.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained
at all time.
- To assist the manager in showing parents around the nursery
facilities and sending out information.
- To assist with the implementation of administrative procedures
involved with registration, place allocation, and other related matters.
- To liaise with outside professionals/agencies as and when required.
- To maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
- To identify staff development and training needs
- To be responsible for students on placement within the nursery.
- To attend and contribute fully to staff meetings and training
sessions outside working hours, as required.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an
equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the
- To deputise for the manager in their absence.
If you are interested in the Deputy Nursery Manager role then please
apply with your CV.